Friday, November 23, 2012

The Beginning

I've been looking for a efficient way to lose weight for a very long time now.  Always had weight problems since puberty started, it went away in my late teens and early 20s.  As I neared 30 my weight crept up and has stayed and stuck like an unwanted guest.

I've pretty much tried everything, starving myself with a tough exercise regiment during my 1st semester in med school really gave me excellent results within a week.  But alas, my friends started to feed me and I found a girlfriend so that diet went out the window in less than a month.  I had lost about 20-25 pound with my pants falling off.

During my 3rd year of med school I began a regimen for novice runners.  I was up to 3-4 miles a day in 6 weeks, very good results and I was addicted to the run.  My days would suck if I didn't get out on the treadmill and it would linger in my mind until I did.  Weight loss was slow, results were hard to see partly because my appetite was huge from the running.  But it was fun, I would track my progress with Nike Plus and I was certainly much more energetic throughout the day.

So now in my 4th year of med school I have decided to start a new diet.  This one is brought to us by a Dr. Lewis in Burbank, California.  This diet consists of taking only 5 bites of whatever you please twice a day supplemented with a multi-vitamin and as much noncaloric fluid as you please, of the 10 bites/day 2 must be protein.  Simple enough, right? Well we'll see.  I started my diet today.  Since yesterday was Thanksgiving my 10 bites today is obvious.

Starting weight 234 lbs.
Lunch
5 bites of a combination of stuffing and chicken breast.

Dinner
6 bites of a combination  of stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and chicken breast.  1 Cup of Earl Grey Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment